If you don't know, Bill Ayers is an unrepentant terrorist. In the 1960's he co founded a radical group called the Weatherman Underground who declared war on the United States. In the group, he assisted in bombings of New York City police headquarters, the U.S. capitol building, and the pentagon! In 2001 he was quoted to say that, "I don't regret setting bombs" and "I feel that we didn't do enough." When asked if he would do it all again he said, "I don't want to discount the possibility."
During the debate, Senator Obama said:
"Bill Ayers is a professor of education in Chicago. Forty years ago when I was eight years old he engaged in despicable acts with a radical domestic group. I have roundly condemned those acts. Ten years ago he served and I served on a school board that was funded by Ronald Reagan’s former ambassadors and close friends…Mr. Annenburg. Other members on that board were members of the presidents of the University of Illinois, the president of Northwestern University who happens to be a republican, the president of the Chicago Tribune, a republican leading newspaper. Mr. Ayers is not involved in my campaign. He has never been involved in this campaign, and he will not advise me in the white house.” – Barack Obama, October 15, 2008, Presidential Debate
By this answer alone it would seem that Senator Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers is just a mere acquaintance. This is not so.
- FACT! Obama first met Ayers at a 1995 meeting of local liberal activists that took place in Ayers home. The meeting launched Obama's Illinois State Candidacy.
- FACT! From 1999 to 2002, Obama served with Ayers on the board of directors for the Woods Fund of Chicago.
- FACT! Both have appeared jointly on two academic panels in 1997 and 2001.
- FACT! In 1997, Obama reviewed Ayers book, A Kind and Just Parent: The Children of the Juvenile Court
- FACT! In 2001, Ayers contributed $200 to Obama's State Senate campaign.
- FACT! Obama and Ayers lived in the same neighborhood and have a "friendly relationship."
A few questions that need to be asked to Senator Obama: When and how did to you come to know about Bill Ayer's "despicable acts"? When you found out, why did you continue to associate yourself with him? How do you expect to fight terrorism when your political campaign was launched out of an unrepentant terrorists home? Obama hasn't been honest with the American people.
It doesn't matter that you were eight years old when Ayer's was bombing the pentagon...what matters is when you were thirty or forty years old and knowing about his unrepentant terrorists acts and continuing to associate with him!
"By your fruits, ye shall know him."