“Acorn is a community organization. Apparently what they’ve done is they were paying people to go out and register folks. And apparently some of the people out there didn’t really register people they just filled out a bunch of names. It had nothing to do with us. We were not involved. The only involvement I’ve had with Acorn was I represented them alongside the U.S. Justice Department in making Illinois implement a motor voter law that helped people get registered and DMV’s.”
Again, Sen. Obama side steps an association with one of the most radical groups in the nation.
- FACT! Acorn specifically sought out Obama’s representation in the motor voter case
- FACT! Obama’s post-law school role organizing “Project VOTE” in 1992...this project was undertaken in direct partnership with Acorn
- FACT! With Obama having personally helped train a new cadre of Chicago Acorn leaders, by the time of Obama’s 2004 U.S. Senate campaign, Obama and Acorn were “old friends,”
- FACT! So along with the reservoir of political support that came to Obama through his close ties with Jeremiah Wright, Father Michael Pfleger, and other Chicago black churches, Chicago Acorn appears to have played a major role in Obama’s political advance.
- FACT! Obama’s years in the Illinois State Senate indicates strong concern with Acorn’s signature issues, as well as meetings with Acorn and the introduction by Obama of Acorn-friendly legislation on the living wage and banking practices
- FACT! Obama not only sought and received the endorsement of Acorn’s political arm in his local campaigns, he recently accepted Acorn’s endorsement for the presidency, in pursuit of which he reminded Acorn officials of his long-standing ties to the group
- FACT! According to ACORN, Obama trained its Chicago members in leadership seminars; in turn, ACORN volunteers worked on his campaigns
- FACT! U.S. Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign paid more than $800,000 to an offshoot of the liberal Association of Community Organizations for Reform
"Barack Obama's failure to accurately report his campaign's financial records is an incredibly suspicious situation that appears to be an attempt to hide his campaign's interaction with a left-wing organization previously convicted of voter fraud. For a candidate who claims to be practicing 'new' politics, his FEC reports look an awful lot like the 'old-style' Chicago politics of yesterday." (Source and Source)
I do not believe that Senator Barack Obama is an honest person. I believe that he will say and do anything to become the next President of the United States. His poor lack of judgement with his radical associations (i.e. Bill Ayers, Jeremiah Wright, Tony Rezko, Acorn to name a few) and unwillingness to fully disclose these relationships with them questions his lack of integrity and honesty...not to mention lack of good judgement. Why hasn't the media investigated this further and do everything they can like they're doing to Joe the Plumber (a whole other blog post in and of itself coming soon)? I'll tell you why. The media has decided for all of us that Barack Obama is to be the next President and they'll discredit anyone that stands in their way. Journalism has failed.