Let me explain...on the campaign trail, in debates, in speeches, and in campaign ads, Barack Obama promised over and over that he would cut taxes for the 95% of Americans making less than $250,000 per year. He pledges that his tax increases would only apply to the top 5% of Americans making over $250,000 per year, your taxes will go down, emphasizing the point with a grand downward sweeping motion of his arm.
In a speech on September 12, 2008 in Dover, New Hampshire, Obama said, "I can make a firm pledge...under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will not see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains tax, not any of your taxes."
Today the House passed a "global warming" bill, which is actually an energy tax bill in disguise. The tax legislation designed to reduce carbon emissions by raising the prices of oil, gasoline, natural gas, coal, home heating oil, and anything else that produces carbon dioxide emissions, believed to be the main culprit behind supposed global warming. That is estimated to increase costs per family by an estimated $1,600 to $3,200 each year. If the bill reaches the president's desk and he does not veto it, he will be branded as a liar!
We haven't heard much about this "Cap and Trade" legislation that was passed because the media has been wrapped up in Obama's universal health care proposal. It was all a ruse so this energy tax bill could slip by with little debate.
Speaking of health care and how Obama is a liar, in a recent press conference he was asked how he intended to pay for his health care proposal and is leaning towards tax increases and various budget/spending cuts. How else are we going to pay over $1 trillion that's required to fund the plan? It just doesn't make sense!
It's being called, "Questions for the President: Prescription for America" - a town hall-style event in which Obama will answer questions on health care posed by audience members selected by ABC News. The network has refused to accept advocacy ads during the hour-long show, drawing criticism from those who say the special will be woefully one-sided.
Wait a minute? One sided? Didn't the President Obama say he wanted a "healthy debate" from all sides? Doesn't make sense to me. I would think if Obama really wanted that healthy debate he wouldn't let ABC be so partisan.
ABC News is now officially known as the All Barack Channel News.
7. ACORN: During the 2008 Presidential elections, ACORN was and continues to be under investigation for voter fraud. But we haven't really heard about it much in the media have we? Most likely because Obama has ties to ACORN and the Obama-Mania-Media is in love with our fearless leader that they threw their journalism skills out the window a long time ago. I want ACORN investigated! Nothing is being done! I definitely don't want ACORN and its affiliates in charge of our 2010 census. Funding to ACORN needs to stop, the books open, audits performed, and fully investigated. This just in, ACORN is changing their name to Community Organizations International. Why? Hmmm, maybe it has something to do with the all the voter fraud investigations going on? Convenient, isn't it? Read more about that here.
8. Redistribution of Wealth: Uh, leave my money alone. I've worked hard for it and don't want my future wealth spread around. We found out where Barack Obama really stands when he met Joe the Plumber on the campaign trail. Obama's campaign answer to Joe the Plumber, who was worried that his taxes would rise. "It's not that I want to punish your success," Obama told him. "I just want to make sure that everybody who is behind you, that they've got a chance to success, too. I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." What incentive do I have to make more money if it's just going to be taken away and "redistributed" to some slacker who doesn't know how to work for themselves? Doing this will just entitle them more and depend more on the government for their every need and won't learn the skills to fend for themselves. How about a flat tax rate where everyone pays the same percentage of income tax regardless of how much they make?
9. Charitable Donations:This may come to a surprise to some people, but President Obama is toying with the idea of stopping the charitable donation tax deduction incentive! Are you kidding me?! That's just about a bright idea as him thinking about cutting Veterans off from their health insurance...yes it's true. I help many in need. Stop butting in and trying to decide what's best for us and where we should put our money. We want to do it ourselves.
10. Corporate Bailouts: Like Janet said, "KNOCK IT OFF!" It's a bunch of crap that companies are "too big to fail." That's how America became so great! Companies failed and innovation and reorganizing ensued helping to make their companies stronger. Let them fail and let the strong survive! It's how the free market works. Free...I don't want the government running our banks, automobile industry, or health care for that matter.
11. Transparency and Accountability:Does anyone believe in being honest anymore? Actually doing what they tell us they're going to do instead of saying one thing and doing another? That's called hypocrisy by the way. How about being accountable for your own actions and stop placing blame on why your failed policies didn't work...or wont' work. Admit your mistakes, that you were wrong, and promise to the American people that it won't happen again! I don't like being lied to and manipulated! I'm not as dumb as you think I am...I see through the clever words and speeches designed to "sound" good when really it's a bunch of garbage. "Oh be wise, what can I say more?"
12. Unprecedented Quick Spending:"We've got to act now," "If we don't do this bad things will happen." STOP IT ALREADY! Slow the freak down and have a little respect with our money! Listen to yourselves..."to save money we need to spend money." Does that sound like common sense? Uh, no. How can you tell us to be fiscally responsible and to live within our means when you're on track to spend more money that every administration combined?! I think our government needs a totally money makeover...Dave Ramsey can help. Do you get someone to run our Treasury department that's morally sound and honest, nope, you appoint Tax Cheat Timothy Geitner. Smart, really smart.
I wanted to share my own personal thoughts on the twelves items Janet lists of things that she is fed up with!
- Illegal Immigration: I agree with Janet, "stop coddling illegal immigrants and secure our borders" already! Immigration is fine if it's done legally. If we can send man safely to the moon in just over 8 years we can build a fence or wall to secure our borders, blow up the tunnels, and stop the violence!
- The T.A.R.P. Bill: This allows the US Department of Treasury to purchase or insure up to $700 billion of "troubled" assets ts to address the sub prime mortgage crisis. The majority of Americans opposed the bill, but it was pushed down our throats regardless. We need it repealed yesterday and no further funding supplied to it. Read more about TARP
- Czars: My wife and I were playing Scrabble the other night and one of my words was "CZAR" - I thanked President Obama for giving me that word because before, I didn't have a clue that was even a word. Czar's totally undermine our Constitution by avoiding the checks and balances of the system. All of these Czars report only to the President and no one else. Government officials answer to the process, not to the President.
- Cap and Trade: Also known as Emission Trading. It's an administrative approach used to control pollution by providing economic incentives for achieving reductions in the emissions of pollutants. Global Warming is a whole other topic in and of itself, but on a side note I just recently signed a petition with the Heritage Foundation that opposed to stop the energy tax, which if passed will drive up energy costs for every single American.
- Universal Health Care: See my previous post on Obamacare, but I'm also in the works of another post on this idea of universal health care and how Obama has been wanting this "public plan option" the only option for quite some time now. He knows that it will drive away the private insurance industry, but does he care? No. Plus he's trying to pass it as soon as he can...cramming it down our throats again. Mr. President and Congress, in the words of Janet, "I will not be rushed into another expensive decision. Don't you dare try and pass this in the middle of the night and then go on break. Slow down!"
- Growing Government Control: Ronald Reagan said, "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." and "Man is not free unless government is limited." With more government control in our lives, the more they can take away. It will all just make us into Gullible Gulls, which I do not intend to be! I want less government in my life, not more.
We need to balance environmental protection and our very livelihood in the Central Valley, the report said. And it stressed we're on a collision course between fish and mankind -- and mankind is losing.
That report was presented in 1993 by then-Kern County Supervisor Mary K. Shell. Her words 16 years ago about the worst-case scenario are an uncanny description of California's modern-day man-made drought.
Today, some farmers are receiving zero allocations of water, and I'm told workers are taking their families to Central Valley homeless shelters for food. News reports estimate as many as 60,000 jobs will be lost due to this man-made drought.
I stress "man-made" because it doesn't have to be this way. Californians don't have a lack of water. They have an overabundance of environmentalists.
The state has been ordered to turn off the pumps that deliver our water. Why? Because of a tiny fish, the Delta smelt, that get sucked into the pumps and die. To save the fish, man must go without. And now we're beginning to see the human cost of letting environmentalism control our lives.
Read this part aloud: Farms are dying, California's economy is failing and jobs are disappearing -- all because someone thinks it makes sense to put the needs of a fish too dumb to stay alive above the needs and jobs of humans.
Did you read it aloud? Did you believe your ears?
So who's doing what to help Californians? Actor-comedian-Central Valley farmer Paul Rodriguez told me he was shocked that Hispanic politicians whom he helped get elected have done little or nothing above lip service for farmers and workers. That's why he joined with the Latino Water Coalition in a march for water in April that started in Mendota and ended four days later with a rally at the San Luis Reservoir.
At the rally, our governor led the marchers in a chant: "Turn on the pumps!" "We need water!" I wonder if the governor stands with his children in front of the stove at dinner time and rather than actually providing a meal, simply leads them in a chant: "We need food!"
Also fighting the "Man vs. Fish" battle is Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Visalia. He's even demanded the governor's resignation, and recently presented a bowl of live smelt into the congressional record (creating a humorous mess for Fish and Game).
Interestingly, the UFW, "friend of the farm worker," has only agreed to lend support in exchange for stronger unionization mandates on employers. The conclusion is clear: It's me and you against the world. Northern and southern Californians don't understand, the UFW doesn't care and most politicians don't want to get their fingernails muddy.
Not to worry, though. As they were warned in 1993, If they don't act soon it won't be mud. It'll will just be dust. SOURCE
Freakin' Environmentalists! They're doing more harm than good! Where is common sense?
Speaking out can be as simple as writing a letter, like Janet from Arizona did. She wrote a letter to Glenn Beck, which ended up on the air where I first heard it. The letter expresses her frustration (as a long time Democrat now turned "I don't know what I am") with what the dopes in Washington are doing. I full heartedly agree with the letter and Janet put into words what I have been feeling. Please take the time to read the letter below and sign the petition at the end if you agree with it...
"I'm a home grown American citizen, 53, registered Democrat all my life. Before the last presidential election I registered as a Republican because I no longer felt the Democratic Party represents my views or works to pursue issues important to me. Now I no longer feel the Republican Party represents my views or works to pursue issues important to me. The fact is I no longer feel any political party or representative in Washington represents my views or works to pursue the issues important to me. There must be someone. Please tell me who you are. Please stand up and tell me that you are there and that you're willing to fight for our Constitution as it was written. Please stand up now. You might ask yourself what my views and issues are that I would horribly feel so disenfranchised by both major political parties. What kind of nut job am I? Will you please tell me?
"Well, these are briefly my views and issues for which I seek representation:
"One, illegal immigration. I want you to stop coddling illegal immigrants and secure our borders. Close the underground tunnels. Stop the violence and the trafficking in drugs and people. No amnesty, not again. Been there, done that, no resolution. P.S., I'm not a racist. This isn't to be confused with legal immigration.
"Two, the TARP bill, I want it repealed and I want no further funding supplied to it. We told you no, but you did it anyway. I want the remaining unfunded 95% repealed. Freeze, repeal.
"Three: Czars, I want the circumvention of our checks and balances stopped immediately. Fire the czars. No more czars. Government officials answer to the process, not to the president. Stop trampling on our Constitution and honor it.
"Four, cap and trade. The debate on global warming is not over. There is more to say.
"Five, universal healthcare. I will not be rushed into another expensive decision. Don't you dare try to pass this in the middle of the night and then go on break. Slow down!
"Six, growing government control. I want states rights and sovereignty fully restored. I want less government in my life, not more. Shrink it down. Mind your own business. You have enough to take care of with your real obligations. Why don't you start there.
"Seven, ACORN. I do not want ACORN and its affiliates in charge of our 2010 census. I want them investigated. I also do not want mandatory escrow fees contributed to them every time on every real estate deal that closes. Stop the funding to ACORN and its affiliates pending impartial audits and investigations. I do not trust them with taking the census over with our taxpayer money. I don't trust them with our taxpayer money. Face up to the allegations against them and get it resolved before taxpayers get any more involved with them. If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, hello. Stop protecting your political buddies. You work for us, the people. Investigate.
"Eight, redistribution of wealth. No, no, no. I work for my money. It is mine. I have always worked for people with more money than I have because they gave me jobs. That is the only redistribution of wealth that I will support. I never got a job from a poor person. Why do you want me to hate my employers? Why ‑‑ what do you have against shareholders making a profit?
"Nine, charitable contributions. Although I never got a job from a poor person, I have helped many in need. Charity belongs in our local communities, where we know our needs best and can use our local talent and our local resources. Butt out, please. We want to do it ourselves.
"Ten, corporate bailouts. Knock it off. Sink or swim like the rest of us. If there are hard times ahead, we'll be better off just getting into it and letting the strong survive. Quick and painful. Have you ever ripped off a Band‑Aid? We will pull together. Great things happen in America under great hardship. Give us the chance to innovate. We cannot disappoint you more than you have disappointed us.
"Eleven, transparency and accountability. How about it? No, really, how about it? Let's have it. Let's say we give the buzzwords a rest and have some straight honest talk. Please try ‑‑ please stop manipulating and trying to appease me with clever wording. I am not the idiot you obviously take me for. Stop sneaking around and meeting in back rooms making deals with your friends. It will only be a prelude to your criminal investigation. Stop hiding things from me.
"Twelve, unprecedented quick spending. Stop it now.
"Take a breath. Listen to the people. Let's just slow down and get some input from some nonpoliticians on the subject. Stop making everything an emergency. Stop speed reading our bills into law. I am not an activist. I am not a community organizer. Nor am I a terrorist, a militant or a violent person. I am a parent and a grandparent. I work. I'm busy. I'm busy. I am busy, and I am tired. I thought we elected competent people to take care of the business of government so that we could work, raise our families, pay our bills, have a little recreation, complain about taxes, endure our hardships, pursue our personal goals, cut our lawn, wash our cars on the weekends and be responsible contributing members of society and teach our children to be the same all while living in the home of the free and land of the brave.
"I entrusted you with upholding the Constitution. I believed in the checks and balances to keep from getting far off course. What happened? You are very far off course. Do you really think I find humor in the hiring of a speed reader to unintelligently ramble all through a bill that you signed into law without knowing what it contained? I do not. It is a mockery of the responsibility I have entrusted to you. It is a slap in the face. I am not laughing at your arrogance. Why is it that I feel as if you would not trust me to make a single decision about my own life and how I would live it but you should expect that I should trust you with the debt that you have laid on all of us and our children. We did not want the TARP bill. We said no. We would repeal it if we could. I am sure that we still cannot. There is such urgency and recklessness in all of the recent spending.
"From my perspective, it seems that all of you have gone insane. I also know that I am far from alone in these feelings. Do you honestly feel that your current pursuits have merit to patriotic Americans? We want it to stop. We want to put the brakes on everything that is being rushed by us and forced upon us. We want our voice back. You have forced us to put our lives on hold to straighten out the mess that you are making. We will have to give up our vacations, our time spent with our children, any relaxation time we may have had and money we cannot afford to spend on you to bring our concerns to Washington. Our president often knows all the right buzzword is unsustainable. Well, no kidding. How many tens of thousands of dollars did the focus group cost to come up with that word? We don't want your overpriced words. Stop treating us like we're morons.
"We want all of you to stop focusing on your reelection and do the job we want done, not the job you want done or the job your party wants done. You work for us and at this rate I guarantee you not for long because we are coming. We will be heard and we will be represented. You think we're so busy with our lives that we will never come for you? We are the formerly silent majority, all of us who quietly work , pay taxes, obey the law, vote, save money, keep our noses to the grindstone and we are now looking up at you. You have awakened us, the patriotic spirit so strong and so powerful that it had been sleeping too long. You have pushed us too far. Our numbers are great. They may surprise you. For every one of us who will be there, there will be hundreds more that could not come. Unlike you, we have their trust. We will represent them honestly, rest assured. They will be at the polls on voting day to usher you out of office. We have cancelled vacations. We will use our last few dollars saved. We will find the representation among us and a grassroots campaign will flourish. We didn't ask for this fight. But the gloves are coming off. We do not come in violence, but we are angry. You will represent us or you will be replaced with someone who will. There are candidates among us when hewill rise like a Phoenix from the ashes that you have made of our constitution.
"Democrat, Republican, independent, libertarian. Understand this. We don't care. Political parties are meaningless to us. Patriotic Americans are willing to do right by us and our Constitution and that is all that matters to us now. We are going to fire all of you who abuse power and seek more. It is not your power. It is ours and we want it back. We entrusted you with it and you abused it. You are dishonorable. You are dishonest. As Americans we are ashamed of you. You have brought shame to us. If you are not representing the wants and needs of your constituency loudly and consistently, in spite of the objections of your party, you will be fired. Did you hear? We no longer care about your political parties. You need to be loyal to us, not to them. Because we will get you fired and they will not save you. If you do or can represent me, my issues, my views, please stand up. Make your identity known. You need to make some noise about it. Speak up. I need to know who you are. If you do not speak up, you will be herded out with the rest of the sheep and we will replace the whole damn congress if need be one by one. We are coming. Are we coming for you? Who do you represent? What do you represent? Listen. Because we are coming. We the people are coming."
Sign the petition here: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/8/an-open-letter-to-our-nations-leadership
Health care reform is heating up in Washington, and a lot of old, bad ideas are being recycled as fresh, progressive change. Senator Ted Kennedy (D-MA) has drafted a plan which transfers enormous regulatory power over health care -- power that was traditionally exercised by states -- to Washington. In fact, many liberals intend this “public plan option” as nothing more than a back-door approach to a single payer, government-run health care system.
The “public option” would be a new health plan offered by the government. Supporters claim this new plan will “compete” with private insurance plans. But there is no such thing as a fair competition when the government is both a competitor and the referee. In reality, the public plan -- buttressed with taxpayer subsidies and favorable regulation -- would increasingly crowd out existing private health care options, paving the way for a health care system subject to greater government control.
Under the Kennedy proposal, and its new public option, here is how the “competition” might fare:
- The public plan, with unfair advantages, will be able to offer artificially low prices. While the new public plan might be portrayed as only an alternative option to private insurance, the government will invariably use its powers to favor the public plan. Congress, with its regulatory, pricing, and taxing authority will have the power to artificially under-price the public plan, making up the difference using taxpayer dollars or by paying doctors and other health care providers less, eventually pushing private health care options out of this allegedly competitive market.
- The absence of a level playing field would cause millions of Americans to lose the private coverage that they have today. Private plans would be unable to compete with a new public plan receiving unfair advantages, leaving many Americans with little or no choice in their health care options. As many as 120 million Americans could lose the private coverage they have today because the public plan would significantly undermine the current employer-based system of private health insurance.
- Americans are left with one health care option -- the public option. With private plans driven out of the market, the public plan "option" would become the only "option" for many Americans. The plan’s costs will soar, and the government will have to raise taxes significantly or limit access to health care goods and services. This not only would compromise access to high-quality care for many Americans, it would spell the end of private competition and innovation in the health care sector.
The Heritage Foundation has produced a handout with facts on the public plan “option.” We encourage you to send it to your friends and family so that they too can learn about this gateway plan to government-controlled health care.
Also, be sure to visit our new website on health care policy at http://www.fixhealthcarepolicy.com/.
Thank you for your support of The Heritage Foundation during this critical policy fight.
Edwin J. Feulner, Ph.D.
"OIG has a responsibility to report both to the Secretary and to the Congress program and management problems and recommendations to correct them. OIG's duties are carried out through a nationwide network of audits, investigations, evaluations and other mission-related functions performed by OIG components." One of the responsibilities of the OIG is fraud prevention and detection. SOURCE
Ever hear of Henry II? His supposed lament: "Who will rid me of this turbulent priest?" Led by a loyal Knight to bury his sword in Thomas Beckett's head, thus conveniently removing the Archbishop of Canterbury as a thorn in the side of the English king. A scene reminiscent of the infamous martyrdom occurred in the White House late last week, as one of President Obama's senior aids gave the Americorps Inspector-General an offer he could not refuse - resign within an hour or be fired.
The IG in question, Gerald Walpin, refused to go quietly despite threats from the assailant, Norman Eisen, special counsel to the president for ethics and government reform. Mr. Walpin was investigating the mismanagement of $850,000 (that's almost $1 million) Americorps grants to St. Hope, a a non-profit founded by Sacramento Mayor and former NBA star Kevin Johnson. Walpin found that Johnson used Americorps funds for personal and political benefit. Did I mention that Kevin Johnson is a high-profile Obama political supporter and a friend of First Lady Michelle Obama?
With that said, a couple of years ago a law was passed to protect IGs from political retaliation. This is to prevent presidential politics from interfering with the independence and integrity of IGs, whose sole job is to ferret out waste, fraud and corruption in federal spending. Walpin was appointed by President George W. Bush and confirmed by Congress in 2007. The law required the president to give Congress 30-day notice of his intent to remove an IG and detailed justification for the removal. What's interesting about this legislation is that it was co-sponsored by Sen. Barack Obama. SOURCE
Hmmm, so basically, President Obama fired an IG outside what the law says (that he co-sponsored), because Gerald Walpin was a thorn in his side for investigating and proving that one of his high profile supporters is guilty of fraud.
Interestingly enough, Johnson wasn't charged, but half the grant money was returned under an agreement with the government. The key issue now is whether Congress will permit this latest illustration of what The Examiner’s Michael Barone calls Obama’s “gangster government.”
- Gerald Walpin speaks: The inside story of the AmeriCorps firing
- What's being Obama's sudden attempt to fire the AmeriCorps inspector general?
I found this very interesting. Do you know the Preamble for your State?
Be sure to read the message at the bottom!
Alabama 1901, Preamble We the people of the State of Alabama , invoking the favor and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish the following Constitution..
Alaska 1956, Preamble We, the people of Alaska , grateful to God and to those who founded our nation and pioneered this great land.
Arizona 1911, Preamble We, the people of the State of Arizona , grateful to Almighty God for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution...
Arkansas 1874, Preamble We, the people of the State of Arkansas , grateful to Almighty God for the privilege of choosing our own form of government...
California 1879, Preamble We, the People of the State of California , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom...
Colorado 1876, Preamble We, the people of Colorado , with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of Universe...
Connecticut 1818, Preamble. The People of Connecticut, acknowledging with gratitude the good Providence of God in permitting them to enjoy.
Delaware 1897, Preamble Through Divine Goodness all men have, by nature, the rights of worshipping and serving their Creator according to the dictates of their consciences...
Florida 1885, Preamble We, the people of the State of Florida , grateful to Almighty God for our constitutional liberty, establish this Constitution...
Georgia 1777, Preamble We, the people of Georgia , relying upon protection and guidance of Almighty God, do ordain and establish this Constitution...
Hawaii 1959, Preamble We , the people of Hawaii , Grateful for Divine Guidance ... Establish this Constitution.
Idaho 1889, Preamble We, the people of the State of Idaho , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure its blessings.
Illinois 1870, Preamble We, the people of the State of Illinois, grateful to Almighty God for the civil , political and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.
Indiana 1851, Preamble We, the People of the State of Indiana , grateful to Almighty God for the free exercise of the right to choose our form of government.
Iowa 1857, Preamble We, the People of the St ate of Iowa , grateful to the Supreme Being for the blessings hitherto enjoyed, and feeling our dependence on Him for a continuation of these blessings, establish this Constitution.
Kansas 1859, Preamble We, the people of Kansas , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious privileges establish this Constitution.
Kentucky 1891, Preamble.. We, the people of the Commonwealth are grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties..
Louisiana 1921, Preamble We, the people of the State of Louisiana , grateful to Almighty God for the civil, political and religious liberties we enjoy.
Maine 1820, Preamble We the People of Maine acknowledging with grateful hearts the goodness of the Sovereign Ruler of the Universe in affording us an opportunity .. And imploring His aid and direction.
Maryland 1776, Preamble We, the people of the state of Maryland , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberty..
Massachusetts 1780, Preamble We...the people of Massachusetts, acknowledging with grateful hearts, the goodness of the Great Legislator of the Universe In the course of His Providence, an opportunity and devoutly imploring His direction
Michigan 1908, Preamble. We, the people of the State of Michigan , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of freedom, establish this Constitution.
Minnesota 1857, Preamble We, the people of the State of Minnesota, grateful to God for our civil and religious liberty, and desiring to perpetuate its blessings:
Mississippi 1890, Preamble We, the people of Mississippi in convention assembled, grateful to Almighty God, and invoking His blessing on our work.
Missouri 1845, Preamble We, the people of Missouri , with profound reverence for the Supreme Ruler of the Universe, and grateful for His goodness . Establish this Constitution...
Montana 1889, Preamble. We, the people of Montana , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty establish this Constitution ..
Nebraska 1875, Preamble We, the people, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom . Establish this Constitution.
Nevada 1864, Preamble We the people of the State of Nevada , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, establish this Constitution...
New Hampshire 1792, Part I. Art. I. Sec. V Every individual has a natural and unalienable right to worship God according to the dictates of his own conscience.
New Jersey 1844, Preamble We, the people of the State of New Jersey, grateful to Almighty God for civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing on our endeavors.
New Mexico 1911, Preamble We, the People of New Mexico, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of liberty..
New York 1846, Preamble We, the people of the State of New York , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, in order to secure its blessings.
North Carolina 1868, Preamble We the people of the State of North Carolina, grateful to Almighty God, the Sovereign Ruler of Nations, for our civil, political, and religious liberties, and acknowledging our dependence upon Him for the continuance of those...
North Dakota 1889, Preamble We , the people of North Dakota , grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, do ordain...
Ohio 1852, Preamble We the people of the state of Ohio , grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, to secure its blessings and to promote our common.
Oklahoma 1907, Preamble Invoking the guidance of Almighty God, in order to secure and perpetuate the blessings of liberty, establish this
Oregon 1857, Bill of Rights, Article I Section 2. All men shall be secure in the Natural right, to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their consciences
Pennsylvania 1776, Preamble We, the people of Pennsylvania, grateful to Almighty God for the blessings of civil and religious liberty, and humbly invoking His guidance...
Rhode Island 1842, Preamble. We the People of the State of Rhode Island grateful to Almighty God for the civil and religious liberty which He hath so long permitted us to enjoy, and looking to Him for a blessing...
South Carolina , 1778, Preamble We, the people of he State of South Carolina grateful to God for our liberties, do ordain and establish this Constitution.
South Dakota 1889, Preamble We, the people of South Dakota , grateful to Almighty God for our civil and religious liberties ....
Tennessee 1796, Art. XI..III. That all men have a natural and indefeasible right to worship Almighty God according to the dictates of their conscience...
Texas 1845, Preamble We the People of the Republic of Texas , acknowledging, with gratitude, the grace and beneficence of God.
Utah 1896, Preamble Grateful to Almighty God for life and liberty, we establish this Constitution.
Vermont 1777, Preamble Whereas all government ought to enable the individuals who compose it to enjoy their natural rights, and other blessings which the Author of Existence has bestowed on man ..
Virginia 1776, Bill of Rights, XVI Religion, or the Duty which we owe our Creator can be directed only by Reason and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian Forbearance, Love and Charity towards each other
Washington 1889, Preamble We the People of the State of Washington, grateful to the Supreme Ruler of the Universe for our liberties, do ordain this Constitution
West Virginia 1872, Preamble Since through Divine Providence we enjoy the blessings of civil, political and religious liberty, we, the people of West Virginia reaffirm our faith in and constant reliance upon God ...
Wisconsin 1848, Preamble We, the people of Wisconsin, grateful to Almighty God for our freedom, domestic tranquility...
Wyoming 1890, Preamble We, the people of the State of Wyoming , grateful to God for our civil, political, and religious liberties, establish this Constitution..
After reviewing acknowledgments of God from all 50 state constitutions, one is faced with the prospect that maybe, the ACLU and the out-of-control federal courts are wrong! If you found this to be 'Food for thought' send to as many as you think will be enlightened as I hope you were.
GOD BLESS AMERICA!