10/04/2008

Barack Obama's "Sniff" with Cocaine

Why is the media not talking about Obama's cocaine use like they are talking about Palin's personal life? A very good question. In the past year and a half since I've been following the political scene very closely I have never heard of Obama's illegal drug use! What is the main stream doing? Or in this case not doing?

In his book, "Dreams From My Father: A Story of Race and Inheritance" Barack Obama said, "I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack though..."

"Blow" is the street name for cocaine. "Smack" is slang for heroin.

"Junkie. Pothead. That's where I'd been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man," Obama wrote. "Except the highs hadn't been about that, me trying to prove what a down brother I was. Not by then, anyway. I got high for just the opposite effect, something that could push questions of who I was out of my mind, something that could flatten out the landscape of my heart, blur the edges of my memory. I had discovered that it didn't make any difference whether you smoked reefer in the white classmate's sparkling new van, or in the dorm room of some brother you'd met down at the gym, or on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids who had dropped out of school and now spent most of their time looking for an excuse to brawl. ... You might just be bored, or alone. Everybody was welcome into the club of disaffection."

Many people out there thinks that Obama's forthcoming and admitance of using drugs justifies his actions. Does this mean it's okay to try cocain when you're young beacause you are not thinking right? Why don't you don't about the consequences of the cocaine and would you call yourselfan addict of cocaine at that time? If you were, how did you manage to stop cocaine? Where did you get your money to buy cocaine? Who sold or gave it to you? Did you sell it yourself? How do you expect to enforce illegal drug enforcement after using it yourself? Would this make you a hypocrite? Why haven't these questions been asked of Barack Obama? You know they would be asked of any republican candidate especially Governor Sarah Palin.

No comments:

LIVE THE DREAM! How would you like to make more money, be your own boss, work your own hours, improve your standard of living, and choose the lifestyle you deserve? Click here to learn more.