6/22/2009

Janet Contreras' Letter: My Personal Thoughts (Part 1)

Last week I posted a letter from Janet Contreras from Arizona. Who is she?...a simply mother and grandmother who has had enough with our Federal Government no longer representing "we the people." Read her full letter here.

I wanted to share my own personal thoughts on the twelves items Janet lists of things that she is fed up with!
  1. Illegal Immigration: I agree with Janet, "stop coddling illegal immigrants and secure our borders" already! Immigration is fine if it's done legally. If we can send man safely to the moon in just over 8 years we can build a fence or wall to secure our borders, blow up the tunnels, and stop the violence!
  2. The T.A.R.P. Bill: This allows the US Department of Treasury to purchase or insure up to $700 billion of "troubled" assets ts to address the sub prime mortgage crisis. The majority of Americans opposed the bill, but it was pushed down our throats regardless. We need it repealed yesterday and no further funding supplied to it. Read more about TARP
  3. Czars: My wife and I were playing Scrabble the other night and one of my words was "CZAR" - I thanked President Obama for giving me that word because before, I didn't have a clue that was even a word. Czar's totally undermine our Constitution by avoiding the checks and balances of the system. All of these Czars report only to the President and no one else. Government officials answer to the process, not to the President.
  4. Cap and Trade: Also known as Emission Trading. It's an administrative approach used to control pollution by providing economic incentives for achieving reductions in the emissions of pollutants. Global Warming is a whole other topic in and of itself, but on a side note I just recently signed a petition with the Heritage Foundation that opposed to stop the energy tax, which if passed will drive up energy costs for every single American.
  5. Universal Health Care: See my previous post on Obamacare, but I'm also in the works of another post on this idea of universal health care and how Obama has been wanting this "public plan option" the only option for quite some time now. He knows that it will drive away the private insurance industry, but does he care? No. Plus he's trying to pass it as soon as he can...cramming it down our throats again. Mr. President and Congress, in the words of Janet, "I will not be rushed into another expensive decision. Don't you dare try and pass this in the middle of the night and then go on break. Slow down!"
  6. Growing Government Control: Ronald Reagan said, "Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives." and "Man is not free unless government is limited." With more government control in our lives, the more they can take away. It will all just make us into Gullible Gulls, which I do not intend to be! I want less government in my life, not more.
I will finish the next six items probably tomorrow. Again, if you haven't fully read Janet's letter, please take the time to do so and decide for yourself, take a stance, and take action!

No comments:

LIVE THE DREAM! How would you like to make more money, be your own boss, work your own hours, improve your standard of living, and choose the lifestyle you deserve? Click here to learn more.